Sunday 25 August 2013

Wednesday: The Queen of Evil

I love Maleficent, she is my favourite female Disney villain. I've been dying to draw her ever since I started this drawing project. I didn't want to draw her yet as I wanted to wait until my drawing skills had improved slightly. But after hearing about the Maleficent movie that's currently in production from last weeks D23, I thought I can't wait anymore!


I think the proportions of the face and Maleficent's hat thing are correct, it's her facial features that let the sketch down. I love the way I've drawn her eyebrows, they look really evil. The eyes aren't too bad, but they could be better.And the nose is ok, although her nostril is a bit too high. I really need to learn to draw lips properly, because the lips ruin this sketch for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment