Saturday 17 August 2013

Wednesday: Back to Disney

After hearing the news about Disney's latest movie The Pirate Fairy from this year's D23, I decided to draw two of the stars from that movie. The first character I have chosen is Tinker Bell, she and her friends go to a mystical island and get their powers switched. The second character I've chosen is James, who you should recognise because he will one day become Captain Hook!



I'm really pleased with these sketches, apart from maybe Mickey or Goofy, I think Tinker Bell and Captain Hook are the best Disney drawings I've done since the dwarfs. My Tinker Bell sketch is pretty much perfect apart from the right eye, it looks like its been stretched and so doesn't match her other eye. My Captain Hook sketch is great too, but there are two things that just aren't right. The first thing is his arm that is stretched out, it might just be me but it looks weird and I should've drawn it better. Secondly the way I've drawn the bottom of his jacket makes it look like he's wearing a dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment