Wednesday 3 April 2013

My 1 Week Challenge: The Importance of Keeping a Sketchbook

I told you that I was working on a 1 week challenge before I went to Paris, so here it is…

At uni my lecturer set the whole class a challenge: to fill an entire sketchbook in a week! I know what you're thinking, because I was thinking the same "How do you fill a whole sketchbook in a week?" Thankfully it was only a little A5 sketchbook, but it was still a challenge. Trying to find things to draw was hard, especially since I decided not to have a specific theme. I basically just stuck to what I've been doing in class. And it became quite addictive…















I didn't quite manage to fill all of the sketchbook in a week, but I think I did reasonably well. I believe that keeping a sketchbook is really important, not only will it show your progress but you can also jot down your ideas. The more you draw, the more you improve, take me as an example: I never thought I would be able to draw as well as I am now. Since starting uni again last year I have drawn at least once everyday and I've improved. So if you're passionate about something like drawing work on it a little each day and keep a record of it, like a sketchbook, you'll just get better and better and then you can show everyone how far you've come!

Also I apologise for the amount of Disney in my sketchbook, it was the week before I went to Paris and it was all I could think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment